North Shore Mama- PiACTIVE™
Another great review for PiACTIVE™ by the North Shore Mama Blog.
It’s camping season! We still have a good 6 weeks to 2 months of fantastic weather coming our way and families will continue to load up the trunks of their cars, pile children into the backseats and make their way into the great outdoors.
We kind of have our own version of camping. We stay in a cabin.
I didn’t grow up camping and have never camped in my adult life, so it’s a bit of uncharted territory for me. If I’m being perfectly honest, I really like flushing toilets and hot showers. So, cabin life works really well for me.
Whether you’re sleeping under the stars or sitting out on a patio at night, there’s one thing you cannot escape.
Mosquitoes love me. My grandma used to tell me they liked me because I was so sweet, but that never seemed to help with the itching I had to live with every summer. My mosquito bites are never those little red bumps you see on the average person. My body takes mosquito bites to the next level and they turn into these massive swollen welts. It’s awesome. (NOT!).
So, when it comes to preventing mosquito bites, I will do whatever it takes. Preferably, there’s just a product I can apply that keeps those pesky things away from me. Far, far away from me.
RELAX…We’ve got you covered! Mosquito Shield™ is proud to be launching a revolutionary new insect repellent in Canada. New PiACTIVE™ Brand Insect repellent is Icaridin (Picaridin) based for effective, long lasting repellency against mosquitos, black flies and ticks. Similar formulas are best sellers in Australia and Europe. The non-scented, non-greasy formula is gentle on skin and is effective for up to 12 hours. Can be used on children 6 months of age and older with the same effectiveness and 12 hours of protection.
I remember scrambling when Portia was a baby because I had been told that you aren’t supposed to use bug repellent on young children.
PiACTIVE is safe for the whole family which is a MASSIVE added bonus! It’s so nice to know there’s something for the whole family that is safe and effective!
We’ve had a bizarre summer in Vancouver this year, meaning mostly hot and sunny and not much rain. I think this has helped quite a bit with keeping those nasty mosquitos at bay. Luckily for us, we haven’t had to use any repellent… yet! We are certainly ready if we do.
Because we haven’t had a need to use PiACTIVE, but I still wanted to give some feedback on how I feel about the product, I randomly sprayed myself the other night just to see what it was like. If you know me personally, you know how sensitive I am to SCENT! I don’t wear perfumes and I tend to stay away from even scented moisturizers. If I am going to put anything on my body (or anyone’s bodies around me!), it is absolutely crucial that I am not bothered by the smell. I was pleasantly surprised by how subtle and neutral PiACTIVE smelled on my skin. It was almost scentless. That is NOT my experience with bug repellents in the past, and that is a deal breaker for me for smelly products. Nice to know I don’t have to worry about that with PiACTIVE.
More About PiACTIVE
- PiACTIVE™ is Canada’s first, Icaridin (also known as Picaridin) based 12 hour insect repellent.
- The World Health Organization recommends the active ingredient Icaridin (Picaridin) as a broad spectrum repellent that protects against mosquitoes, ticks and black flies. (Source 1)
- PiACTIVE’s formula is 20% Icaridin (Picaridin).
- Icaridin-based insect repellents are the best-selling formulas in Europe and Australia. (Source 2)
- PiACTIVE is the most effective, and longest lasting, insect repellent formula available in Canada offering up to 12 hours of protection.
- The Canadian Pediatric Society recommends Icaridin repellents as the first choice for travelers six months to 12 years of age. Similar DEET-based products can only be used on children 12 years of age and older. (Source 3)
- PiACTIVE is a Health Canada Registered product – fully studied and lab tested.
- EPA has classified Icaridin as not likely to be a human carcinogen, not the case with other types of repellents in Canada. (Source 4)
- Additional benefits:
o 12 hours of protection against Mosquitoes and Ticks – longest lasting in Canada
o 10 Hours protection against Black Flies
o Enjoyable to use and apply
o Non-scented, non-greasy, non-oily and not sticky
o Non-irritating and non-allergenic
o Will not damage synthetic materials including garments made of polyester, rayon, spandex, nylon, lycra, cotton
o Will not damage fishing lines, plastics or plexi-glass
o Every bottle comes with a cap that features a compass, carabiner hole and working whistle
PiACTIVE is available at select retailers across Canada or online at
~~ WIN ~~
(please note contest has since expired)
Exciting news! WIN your own PiACTIVE bug repellent prize pack by filling in the Rafflecopter form below. This giveaway is open to Canadian residents. Here is what is included in the prize pack (total value $40):
- 1pc – PiACTIVE™ Regular formula
- 1pc – PiACTIVE KIDS formula
- 2pcs – of our famous 10pk Mosquito coils
- 1pc – Fruit fly Trap
Follow the link below for the chance to WIN your own PiACTIVE™ prize pack!