Both male and female mosquitoes feed on nectar from flowers. Male mosquitoes feed exclusively on nectar, while females must also feed on blood to produce eggs. Most mosquitoes in the wild feed on animals found in their habitat and not on people. Some species prefer birds as hosts, while others accept many animals as hosts, including people.
Method of Travel:
1. Remove any possible breeding sites, such as stagnant water.
2. Store flower pots, watering cans, boats and wheelbarrows upside down.
3. Cover any garbage, recycling or composting containers, to prevent water from accumulating in them.
4. Keep your gutters clean.
5. Drill holes in the bottom of containers that must be left outdoors uncovered.
Steps to control:
1. Aquatic birds, frogs, fish, beetles, water bugs and dragonflies eat many mosquito larvae.
2. Good, long lasting, low-toxic methods of insect control can be done with Knock Down X-Max Flying Insect Killer or other Knock Down products listed below.
3. For other mosquito control options, visit www.mosquitoshield.com
Product to use: