Name: Dog & Cat Fleas
The female flea usually lays her eggs among the hairs of the host, where they will stay for a few days and then drop off. In homes, they develop in crevices in flooring, and along baseboards, under edges of rugs, and between cushions in upholstered furniture.
Fleas feed on the blood of their host.
Method of Travel:
1. The use of a quality flea shampoo on your pet during the peak summer season will help prevent an infestation.
2. It is not adequate to treat only the host; it is important also to treat the host’s environment.
Steps to control:
1. Vacuum all rugs, carpet, and upholstered furniture. Special attention should be given to pet resting areas. Vacuum bag should be discarded immediately.
2. Flea adults, larvae, or eggs can be controlled with insecticides.
3. Good, long lasting, low-toxic methods of insect control can be done with Knock Down Crawling Insect Killer or other Knock Down products listed below.