Name: Woodlouse (aka Sow Bug)
Sowbugs prefer moist locations and are found under objects on damp ground or under vegetable debris. They have been known to bury themselves under several centimeters of soil. Sowbugs can invade damp basements and first floors of houses indicating large numbers are present outside the house.
Sowbugs normally feed on decaying vegetable matter.
Method of Travel:
1. Avoid excess moisture in basements or crawlspaces.
2. Repair any cracks or openings into your home.
3. Remove leaves, grass clippings, mulch, boards, stones and similar material close to buildings.
4. Avoid having built-in planter boxes, as boxes tight against the house are good breeding places for many bugs.
5. Keep soil levels well below structural wood around the home.
Steps to control:
1. Habitat and food requirements leave a wide variety of areas to inhabit in gardens, etc. Sowbugs cannot survive away from their ideal environment thus it they will not breed or survive for long without a high degree of moisture.
2. Good, long lasting, low-toxic methods of insect control can be done with Knock Down Crawling Insect Killer or other Knock Down products listed below.